The comprehensive type preset for After Effects.
Text animation in After Effects is bizarrely difficult. Existing tools offer good options for introducing bodies of text over a period of time, but applying detailed animations to each index (character, word, or line) usually requires splitting onto multiple layers. I combined techniques from around the web to create a simple, versatile solution that applies your custom interpolation to each index with delay or markers. The result is a tool that does however much or little you need it to, then gets out of the way.
I'd honestly be hard-pressed to find a text layer in my work that doesn't use some variant of this preset. I hope it becomes equally useful to you.
Please contact me if you have questions about using this preset.
- Added support for CS6.
- Expression controllers gathered into pseudo-effect.
- Interpolation property uses percentage units.
- "Use Markers" checkbox functionality inverted and renamed Ignore Markers.
- "Reverse" checkbox added. Words still animate on, but from the end of your text.
- Type Array Selector defaults to Based On words. It usually looks better.
- Contained retiming expressions in better conditions. This should resolve expression errors when deleting all keyframes from Interpolation.
- 2000% more @conigs.
- The informal/internal tool TypeIn Interpolate v3 gets a facelift and is released to the world!
Type Array v1.5 was built by Paul Conigliaro.
See his work at conigs.com and give him a follow at @conigs.
The works of Mattias Peresini and Dan Ebberts were foundational to the development of this tool. Freely available techniques from their tutorials were employed.